Lava Surf is looking for an Account Manager to build trusting, long-term, relationships with our customers. The Account Manager’s role will oversee a portfolio of customers, Help with brand social strategy, and develop new business from existing clients.
Who we are:
Lava Surf is a stable startup that has been around for over 5 years developing our social media management platform for multi-location businesses and the agencies or marketing tech companies that service them.
We are currently experiencing rapid growth with increases in direct and partnership sales and want to maximize this expansion.
Account Manager Responsibilities:
- Operating as the lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to your accounts
- Help drive social media campaigns for your clients
- Building and maintaining strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- Overseeing customer account management, including negotiating contracts and agreements to maximize profit
Account management responsibilities include developing strong relationships with customers, connecting with key business executives and stakeholders and preparing reports. Account Managers also answer client queries and identify new business opportunities among existing customers. In this role, you will liaise with cross-functional internal teams (Fulfillment, Design and Product Development departments) to improve the entire customer experience.
If you are familiar with account management software (CRM), have a flair for client communication and understand consumer behavior, we’d like to meet you. Ideally, candidates for this role will know how to meet ambitious individual and team-wide sales quotas.
- Serve as the lead point of contact for all customer account management matters
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships
- Negotiate contracts and close agreements
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with key accounts, customer stakeholders and executive sponsors
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives
- Clearly communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives
- Develop new business with existing clients and/or identify areas of improvement
- Forecast and track key account metrics
- Prepare reports on account status
- Collaborate with sales team to identify and grow opportunities
- Assist with challenging client requests or issue escalations as needed
- Proven work experience as an Account Manager, Key Account Manager, Sales Account Manager, Junior Account Manager or relevant role
- Social media experience
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level
- Experience delivering client-focused solutions to customer needs
- Proven ability to juggle multiple account management projects at a time, while maintaining attention to detail
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, adaptability
- Resourcefulness, ability to learn and apply
- Working knowledge of Adobe Suite (Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Copywriting skills a plus
- Facebook Ad targeting a plus
- Basically, we want someone who is passionate about Account management and ready to test their mettle in the social media realm
Culture & Perks
At LAVA SURF, we work hard but don’t take ourselves too seriously; we also listen to and encourage your input and insights. In the office we listen to music, watch the occasional YouTube video, and play a round of putt putt down the hallway. And you know what the best part of our office is? The snack room—which you will have unlimited access to. We will also occasionally bring in lunch.
Location: 625 E Technology Way, Bldg. B, Suite 1300 Orem, Utah (10 minutes from BYU)
Office Hours: 8am – 5pm, Monday – Friday (FLEXIBLE)