Looking to get involved in a young start up? Ready to hustle, break it down, and make it happen? If so, you’re a great fit for what we are looking for.
The majority of your tasks will consist of social content creation and social ad management. You will be a valued member of the team that contributes ideas and talents. Every member of the teams input is valued the same as any founding member of the company.
Skills Acquired Through Internship
- Deep understanding of the social media field
- Social media tactics and strategy
- Competency with various social media platforms and tools
- Creation of effective social media campaigns and content
- Paid social media ad management
- Client / portfolio management
- What it takes to start your own business
- How to become irresistible to the ladies or fellas
What we’re looking for:
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, adaptability
- Resourcefulness, ability to learn and apply
- Ability to deliver on tasks and assignments
- Basic understanding of social media and how it works
- Copywriting skills a plus
- Facebook Ad targeting a plus
- Basically, we want someone who is passionate about advertising and ready to test their mettle in the social media realm.
Culture & Perks
At LAVA SURF, we work hard but don’t take ourselves too seriously; we also listen to and encourage your input and insights. In the office we listen to music, watch the occasional YouTube video, and play a round of Catch Phrase. And you know what the best part of our office is? The snack room—which you will have unlimited access to. We will also occasionally bring in lunch (Sweeto Burrito anyone?).
Lastly, at the end of the internship our Executive Team will write you a wicked-awesome letter of recommendation that will knock the socks off of a future employer or a grad school admissions counselor.
While this is an unpaid internship, we expect it to be highly competitive due to the unique roll we allow students to play within our company. We offer real world professional experience and many of our interns stay to fill meaningful part/or full time positions at Lava Surf.
Location: 625 east Technology Way, Bldg. B, Suite 1300 Ore, Utah (10 minutes from BYU)
Internship Dates: (FLEXIBLE)
Office Hours: 8am – 5pm, Monday – Friday (FLEXIBLE)